Funding is required to purchase the necessary machinery and service the area with power and water. I am offering an interest of 45% pa for a period of one year.
I am starting up a marble tile manufacturing plant. There are currently no marble processing plants in the region. There is a marble deposit that is lying idle. This deposit is now accessible to me on a 99 year lease from the government.
• Marble tiles of various sizes, for internal, external floors, walls
• Counter tops for desks, kitchens, offices, supermarkets and bars
• Dimensional architecture
Target Market: The construction industry in Zimbabwe, SADC region and the world at large
Revenue generation model:
Processed Marble: 50 000 m2
Sales price: $55 US
Sales Revenue: $2 750 000.00 US
I have enough money to setup the workshop but the project is still on paper.
The first four months are dedicated to machine procurement and contsruction of the workshop. fifth month is setting up and sixth month production run at 70% capacity.
Required amount US$150 000 and the minimum being US$ 100 000.
Payback period: one year at 45% interest
• Large deposits of superior quality Marble in the country.
• Unique variety of types and colours.
• Accessibility to major Marble deposits.
• Single processing plant in Zimbabwe.
• Availability of hard working & low-cost granite processing labour.
• Availability of improved technology.
• Good entrepreneurial and mechanical skills available within the country
• Higher Value of Zimbabwean Marble internationally
• Large and established world markets.
• Ample opportunity for exports.
• Growing size of middle income group in Zimbabwe
• Export potential for African, Central Asian Republics and Middle East
• On average 38% of the marble excavated from the mines in any country is exported in the same year which shows high potential for export. This figure is at 0% for Zimbabwe.
• Usage of Marble wastage, by handicraft manufacturers.
Currently there are no local competitors in the marble industry. All marble products in the country are imported from Namibia, Italy etc.
Stiff competition is expected from granite processing plants. Major among them are Black Granite and Southern Granite. The argument here is that processing of marble is cheaper and the product competes equally with the much harder granite products.
We are looking for a debt investor of $100,000-150,000. The investment will be paid back within one year at an interest rate of of 45%.