Sevastopol Sea Gates Apartment Complex in Ukraine

Opportunity Snapshot

  • Country: Ukraine Ukraine
  • Industry: Real Estate
  • Stage: Seed
  • Investment size: $50,000,000 / min. $35,000,000

Investment Opportunity

“Sevastopol Sea Gates” apartment complex is the new real estate investment project which is focused on the recreational real estate market in Ukrainian Black Sea region.

“Sevastopol Sea Gates” apartment complex is the new real estate investment project of the Sevastopol based enterprise “Stroitel” Holding Company that operates on the Ukrainian construction market over 17 years. The holding company has more than 300 employees and consists of production facility (PVC products) with regional representative offices in Ukraine, construction materials retail chain in Sevastopol and a construction company.

“Sevastopol Sea Gates” investment project is focused on the recreational real estate market. The company plans to construct and manage of 3 hotel-apartment buildings on the seaside beach in the center of Sevastopol and a double-level sea front with entertaining infrastructure and own pier for yachts.

Sevastopol is the fast developing seaport with the most developed city infra-structure on the Crimean sea coast, convenient for business tourism. It has a rich historical heritage including ancient Greeks settlements, II World War facilities, sunken ships etc.

The city has been developing as a tourist hub in the latest decade, which was annually visited by over 2 million tourists.

More over the city has positive demographic trend, people are moving to Sevastopol in order to take advantage of healthy lifestyle and developing infrastructure. It is loved by wealthy Russians, mostly due to significant influence of Russian Navy in the past.

Competitive Advantage

The hotel-apartment complex has a prime location.

The main advantages are following:
- Downtown with own embankment and recreational beach zone
- Proximity to major historic attractions
- Attractive landscape and view on the National nature and historic reserve Ancient Hersonissos and Vladimirskiy Cathedral on the opposite side of the bay and on the Sevastopol bay
- Proximity to shopping centre and yacht clubs
- Convenient transport logistics

Rationale for the deal

This complex will have apartments and suites with high-level comfort and a beautiful view, guarded territory and parking, entertainment area including pools, playgrounds, shops, café, SPA-center, bowling halls, barbershops etc. Complex will also include office segment with conference and seminar facilities which will enable to gain a profit even during the low season. “Stroitel” has already obtained all construction permits needed. The project is approved by the Sevastopol City Council. The in-vestment project is officially included into the General Plan of the City.

The Sevastopol Sea Gates complex is primarily focused on wealthy tourists and businessmen from Ukraine and Russia as well as other countries. There are more than 25 projects of apartment complexes in Crimea, primarily on the south coast (Yalta, Partenit, Gurzuf, Alushta). At the same time there is lack of high-class hotel/apartment complexes in Sevastopol.

Use of financing

The whole project requires about US $ 50 mln financing, including 70% from equity investors. The remaining 30% of the sum will be financed by the own-er (15%) and through the early sales (15%). Part of costs may be financed from local authority budget. To minimize risks this project will be implemented in stages: the first building will be constructed in 2011 - 2013 (US $ 14,7 mln), next two buildings in 2014 - 2015 (US $ 18 mln) and then new embankment with recreational beach zone (the amount is considered).

The business plan and other project documentation can be available upon the request. The management is open to discuss all the proposals and ideas concerning the project.

Looking for similar investment opportunities