There is a strong demand in the world of super cars whose full potential is still undiscovered. The availability and variety of such high-performance and exotic cars on the growing market is quite limited to just several main brands. This all opens a huge opportunity for newcomers to expand the range and get successful. This is where my proposition is coming from as a natural following of my vision and past experience in this field. Closely examining the successful companies and learning from the mistakes of others is essential. Most important of all, I make no compromise about the quality, design, engineering, company image, and taking care of all the small details, where others fail to deliver. The vehicles are designed to be highly unique, pushing new boundaries with fresh ideas and technologically attractive, strongly relying on high performance and desirable styling.
Currently, there are two concept cars designed in the stage of 3d CAD surface models (NURBS) and ready for further development as full-size plugs and making the necessary tooling for the actual production. Both models are targeted to compete with the best rivals in the super car market. Projected production number is limited to maximum 10-20 cars per year for the top model, and about 50-100 cars per year for the entry-level model. Having previous experience in this field with two entry-level Bulgarian sports cars in which I took design and engineering role (Aeromaster LMP, a 2003 Bentley Speed 8 replica manufactured in Sofia, Bulgaria, and Sin R1 MK2, manufactured in Ruse, Bulgaria), as well as another project which I currently develop for a company in Finland (FLT, to be unveiled this year at Stoneleigh, UK), it's realistic to say that the development process requires 12 to 18 months for one model (or just 24 months for both models since they use some common components), plus 6 more months for testing, fine tuning and approval. Production of the first model should start in about 2 years. Note that I avoid to be overly-optimistic telling about fixed development time and sales numbers, unlike most start-ups who claim unrealistic expectations and then prove to be short in delivering what they initially promised.
The aim for the company is to work in the opposite way of what other manufacturers use to do. This includes:
a) Always be on the safe side, making humble promises, and delivering more than expected;
b) Grow gradually by unveiling a brand new model or new modification (a highly modified version of an existing model, i.e. using different exterior design while maintaining the technical base underneath) every 6-8 months. The latter is possible thanks to the use of shared components across the model line whose extensive development is made preliminary, thus require little to no extra time and resources for implementing in the new future models.
The required investment consists of an initial 300,000 USD seed capital*, followed by a full investment figure of 1,700,000 USD**. The total investment of 2,000,000 USD translates to 10% share in the super car company.
* 300,000 USD needed to develop one prototype in 12-18 months / or 400,000 USD to develop two prototypes in 24 months.
** Needed to set up a manufacturing building, buy the necessary tooling/equipment, and do homologation of the prototypes to make them road-legal.
Angel Investors can expect a full Return of Investment across 4-5 years after the start of funding, followed by strong profits.
I have 14 years of experience in the sports cars field, clever engineering thinking and strong skills in designing 100% unique car styling. Most important of all, I make no compromise about the quality, design, engineering, company image, and taking care of all the small details, where others fail to deliver. Thanks to my engineering expertise and design capabilities, I can develop sports cars that meet, and even exceed, the rivals on the market.
Despite the financial crisis all round the World, the sports car market is growing gradually in the recent 7-8 years, in a very similar manner like it did in the "Golden era of sports cars" - in the early 90's. Offering first-class and desirable sports cars, having an unusual yet winning advertising campaign and being along the top marques in the super car market is conducive to strong profits.
Phase 1: The initial financing of 300.000 USD during the first 12-24 months will be used for the following:
- Renting a small industrial property (a warehouse of about 200-300 square meters) in the industrial area near my city (Plovdiv, Bulgaria) where to develop the plugs, tooling and prototypes of the sports cars;
- Buying 3d CAD software, a powerful workstation, various hand tools, power tools, materials and car parts (racing engine and transmission, wheels, custom glasses etc) necessary for the work;
- Most of the work will be done personally by me, however, at some stages of the development several other hired professionals, such like a welder, an electrician and a few composite workers, will join the process;
- A small portion of the funding, around 1500 USD/month, will cover my average living expenses (lodging, transportation to the warehouse, food, electricity, taxes, etc - nothing special) so that I will be able to devote all of my time and energy to the project.
Phase 2: The additional financing of 1,700.000 USD will be used for the following:
- Do road- and performance track tests to improve and verify the speed and endurance goals, as well as homologation of the prototypes to make them road-legal.
- Setting up of a large enough manufacturing building, either buying an existing one or build it from the ground up, also located in Plovdiv, Bulgaria;
- Buying the necessary equipment and car components for the initial production;
- Hiring a small team of professionals for starting the production of the sports cars;
- Advertising, media coverage, taking part of important sports car meetings and expositions.
I'm looking for a total of 2,000,000 USD investment and in return I'm offering a 10% share in the super car company, which is expected to expand fast, being along the major players on the market, and give strong profit in across 4 to 5 years after the initial investment.