- Country: India
- Industry: Food, Beverages, Tabacco
- Stage: Start-up
- Investment size: $1,500,000 / min. $1,200,000
- ROI: 50% in 3 years
- Type of investment: Debt
The project is about setting up a 150 TPD Corn Starch Plant in Karnataka, India
The major products to be produced in the plant are:
Food Grade, Pharma Grade, Textile grade
2. Liquid Glucose
4. Dextrose Monohydrate
6. Maize Gluten
7. Maize Germs
8. Maize oil & cake
9. Corn Steep Liquid
10. Maize Fiber
World per capita consumtion of starch is more than 6 KG and in India it’s less than half a KG. There is huge potential of this industry. Confectionery industry is growing at 15-20% growth and hence the huge demand for Liquid Glucose and Maltodextrin.
There are only few players n India and the Starch Industry is at very nascent stage.
- 48% profitability
- Break even @ 40% capacity operation
Current project stage:
- 100 acres of land identified and applied for all the government licences.
- Deal with the machinery vendor finalised; It will take 9 months lead time to deliver the machinery.
Project Implementation: 1 Year 10th June 2013 Trial Production, 13th July 2013 Commercial production
Funding Needs: $ 12-15 million
Pay back period: 8 years
Looking for similar investment opportunities