Castor Oil used in multiple industries needs a start-up refinery in the area of Gujarat/Jaipur/Maharashtra.
With 1 plant each as start-up.
Castor oil is one of the most unique plant oils, with a distinctive chemical structure that lends itself to a variety of end products. Derivatives based on castor oil are in increasing demand across a number of sectors globally, and in India. Opportunities are present across a variety of industrial sectors that include pharmaceuticals, polymers, greases and lubricants, food ingredients, and more.
Market Potential & Highlights
India is the world’s largest producer of castor oil, supplying over 70% of the world’s castor oil. The company estimates the total value for emerging castor oil-based derivatives to be over $1 billion worldwide by 2015 and over $125 million in India. Key sectors that are emerging for castor based derivatives are polyamides (nylon), polyurethane foam, other engineering plastics, and castor based cosmetics, deodorants, and perfumes. In addition, a number of specialty chemicals niches are emerging where castor oil is used as the base feedstock. With interest in bio plastics and biopolymers increasing, use of castor oil as feedstock for these biomaterials is fast gaining currency.
• Higher profit margin in derivatives
• Government mandates for eco-friendly sources
• Consumer demand
Entrepreneurs who could consider this sector
• By background
• Chemical Engineering
• Existing castor oil producers or dealers
• By access to markets
• Having or building networks with industries that can use these derivatives and are required to green their supply chain
• Ability to build an export business for derivatives, as a significant market exists abroad
How Can Our Company Assist You in Entering this Market?
Our consulting team can work with you in providing you key data, insights, and strategies that will enable you to take critical decisions on market entry.
• In-depth understanding of the various castor oil derivative opportunities
• Profitability and financial attractiveness of the various sectors/opportunities
• Current and future demand and supply characteristics of the various product possibilities
• Key consumer segments for the prominent opportunities
• SWOT analysis for the attractive opportunities
• Technical feasibility study for manufacturing these derivatives in India
• Key market players in India and worldwide, and their strengths and weaknesses
Why this company?
It is one of the most acclaimed consulting companies in India for the renewable energy sector. The focus is on providing market-facing and action-oriented consulting. We have already successfully assisted many companies and entrepreneurs in their diversification and market entry efforts for the renewable energy sector. Our team has exceptional industry contacts across the entire renewable energy and cleantech spectrum in India.
Only 250 of this kind of Oil refineries exist in world. There are 2 of them in nearby villages. We need to set it up near an upcoming highway close to village or city. The set up won’t lack customers in the future.