Boat yard to be equipped for manufacturing boat, Land Available.
• The annual boat production capacity for the envisaged plant will be 12 Nos.
• When demand rises the production capacity will also be increased by introducing additional shifts.
• The yard has capacity to build 5 boats in a time.
Project Background & Brief Description The Government of Tamilnadu have issued orders to diversify 2000 trawlers from Palk Bay into deep sea fishing Tuna long liner cum Gill netter boats in a phased manner over a period of three years with funding assistance from the Government of India and Government of Tamil Nadu.
• The scheme will be implemented exclusively in the Districts of Tamil Nadu covering the Palk Bay area. The guidelines for the implementation of the scheme has been approved by Government of Tamilnadu. Project information The estimated unit cost of the new tuna longliner cum gill netter for deep sea fishing is Rs.80 lakh / boat. The Scheme will be implemented with the following funding pattern and subsidy assistance.
• The production program will be carried out in such a way that the plant will initially produce at 25% of its capacity, and then will raise its production to 75% in the second year.
• It will then attain full capacity production in the third and succeeding years. Such a gradual build-up of production is required in order to give opportunity for production workers and technicians to develop skills and experience on operation and maintenance on plant machinery and equipment.
A. About Indian Fisheries GDP
• Indian fisheries and aquaculture is an important sector of food production, providing nutritional security to the food basket, contributing to the agricultural exports and engaging about fourteen million people in different activities.
• With diverse resources ranging from deep seas to lakes in the mountains and more than 10% of the global biodiversity in terms of fish and shellfish species, the country has shown continuous and sustained increments in fish production since independence. Constituting about 6.3% of the global fish production, the sector contributes to 1.1% of the GDP and 5.15% of the agricultural GDP.
• The total fish production of 10.07 million metric tonnes presently has nearly 65% contribution from the inland sector and nearly the same from culture fisheries. Paradigm shifts in terms of increasing contributions from inland sector and further from aquaculture are significations over the years.
• With high growth rates, the different facets of marine fisheries, coastal aquaculture, inland fisheries, freshwater aquaculture, coldwater fisheries to food, health, economy, exports, employment and tourism of the country.
• Development Agencies (FFDAs) and 39 Brackishwater Fish Farms Development Agencies (BFDAs) for promoting freshwater and coastal aquaculture. The annual carp seed production is to the tune of 25 billion and that of shrimp about 12 billion, with increasing diversification in the recent past.
• Along with food fish culture, ornamental fish culture and high value fish farming are gaining importance in the recent past. With over 2.4 lakh fishing crafts operating in the coast, six major fishing harbours, 62 minor fishing harbours and 1511 landing centres are functioning to cater to the needs of over 3.9 million fisher folk.
• Fish and fish products have presently emerged as the largest group in agricultural exports of India, with 10.51 lakh tonnes in terms of quantity and Rs.33,442 crores in value.
This accounts for around 10% of the total exports of the country and nearly 20% of the agricultural exports.
No Private yard presently in Kanyakumari district.
High demand in boats
Knowledgeable persons in naval architecture
no proper registered yard as per classification society
no iso yards available
need to construct boat winge mechanism, rails and launching area development
crane, equipment's, lathes
company will share 35 % share to the investors.
need silent investor
Initial 2 crore has to be provided and once the paper work is completed remaining money can be transferred .