Loan Is Required to Expand Existing Printing and Stationery Business

Opportunity Snapshot

  • Country: Malawi Malawi
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Stage: Expansion/Growth
  • Years in operations: 3, Employees: 4
  • Investment size: $15,000 / min. $10,000
  • ROI: 20% in 3 years
  • Type of investment: Debt

Investment Opportunity

Printing business has been in operation since 2012 needs a loan to expand its services. The loan will be used to buy new equipment and to increase the capacity.

The company offers printed products such as books, calendars, stationery diaries, hard covers and invoices.

The target market is an area with a population of about 1,500,000 where there are a few reliable printers. The company has already been in operation for the last 2 years and it has been able to fairly grow.

I expect to grow this business so that in the next 5 years i should be able to buy a 2 four colour machine and a van to ease on materials transportation to the company as well as to my customers where need arises. Currently I have an A4 copy printer that an using. I bought one in 2012 at $800 which was a second hand, this did not last long then I got another one in 2013 at $1500 which I am using to date from this I have been able to generate a considerable amount of money.

Read below more details on the investment opportunity.

Competitive Advantage

I have three companies as my direct competitors who do the same business. My advantages are that I have been trained as a printer at a Government Training school where am currently working as a Tutor in Offset printing and entrepreneurship.

My competitors have never been trained and are employing unqualified staff, so I have got an edge over them. More also as a trained entrepreneur I have more to offer my customers than my competitors. Over the years i have learned that business is about how effective and efficient and innovative one is in delivering the the services that is what will grow the business.

I intend to continue employing only skilled workforce to sustain my advantage in future as I have made links with a lot more students that I have taught as a Tutor.

Rationale for the deal

The market lacks in skilled workforce and population of 1.5 million having only 2 printing houses and an the third, my competitors have their big machines as offset that have max size as A4 and me out of the loan I intend to buy an A3 machine, where I will be able to print bigger jobs and smaller jobs in may ups which will be produced quicker thereby realizing more profit.

My competitors are taking advantage of the market because there has been no one skilled enough to offer them quality products so they just go for any printed material produced. I have worked in government for over 16 years now and I know the weaknesses of the office am working for and that is what triggered an interest in me to try and make correction elsewhere. As soon as I secure the loan I will quit work and establish myself in my business.

Use of financing

70% of the loan will be used for buying new machinery: Copy printer A3 size, Color printer A3 size and 3 computers. The remaining 30% will be for operational costs. This business may need 2 rounds of financing, but the first one is the most important otherwise it will have to finance itself from this.

Opportunity for the investor

The loan or debt required is $15,000 and a minimum of $10,000. It shall be paid in 5 years at 20% interest. The loan may be given in two installments.

Looking for similar investment opportunities