- Country: USA
- Industry: Entertainment, Leisure, Film, Music, Sport
- Stage: Start-up
- Investment size: $6,000,000 / min. $1,000,000
- ROI: 10% in 10 years
- Type of investment: Equity
We are starting up a venture capitalist firm that invests in early stage, high growth potential companies within the technological and alternative fuel industries.
The company is interested in gaining a return on investment within approximately 3-5 years. Typically, the firm will be in favor of companies that possess the following attributes:
● Huge growth prospects – typically because of meeting a critical customer need
● One or more great customers
● The potential to lead their market, as they define it
● Sustainable competitive advantage – typically because of some unique technology Key individuals who demonstrable integrity and executive capability
● A business model that is highly scalable and relatively capital efficient
● Not in a sector already crowded by other venture-backed companies
Our firm will focus on providing small businesses with capital with investments and loans. The primary objectives, both short-term and long-term, of the firm are to:
● Become profitable by locating investment opportunities that become available in rapidly growing financial markets.
● Conduct aggressive sourcing in order to locate high potential growth businesses looking towards an IPO within the next 2-6 years.
● Develop a solid, corporate identity in our specified market area.
● Become one of the top VC firms in the area by the fifth year of operation, or prior to.
● Realize a positive return on investment within the first 3-5 years.
Rationale for the deal
Our mission is to provide early stage companies and public companies with the sufficient capital needed in order to help provide them with growth for the next 2-3 years. Venture capital international supports the concept of the American Dream. As such, the company’s General Partners have agreed to assist early stage companies by allowing our investments to be the bridge in helping them realize that dream. Venture capital international will provide effective management to companies while maintaining ethical relationships with its own venture investments.
Use of financing
Networking: VCI will recruit student inventors, engineers, small business, legal resources, and even international marketing opportunities; therefore providing VCIs partners and ventures with networking opportunities for companies and inventions in our portfolio.
VCI Marketing: VCI has Brazilian, Albanian, Indian, and Russian associates along with connections to vey volatile American business and programs that business can utilize with a fee to have their product marketed or connected to companies that may buy or invest in their company’s venture.
Opportunity for the investor
The goal of this business plan is to secure $4,500,000 for startup capital and other costs associated with operating the fund. VCI seeks to obtain capital for its fund by doing the following sources:
● Institutional Investors: Organizations which pool large sums of money and invest those sums in securities, real property and other investment assets. They can also include operating companies which decide to invest its profits to some degree in these types of assets. Types of typical investors include banks, insurance companies, retirement or pension funds, hedge funds, investment advisors and mutual funds.
● Presentation to other VC Firms: There are many organizations that consist of VCs, angel investors, and individual investors. General Partners will present the fund to these investors to obtain prospective investors.
Since funding has not been received yet, nor has any investment been made in any company, it is not possible for Venture capital internationalto make any financial projections about its profits. Once started, the investment portfolio fund managers will update our business plan with financial forecasting based on the prospectus, and financial statements of the companies we invest in.
● Seeking out Individual Investors: Each general partner will search for potential limited partners for our fund. Since our general partners come from all across the nation, it creates a wide range of contacts and networking opportunities for the firm. We will seek out investors from the states of New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, and Washington. Investors can sought in other places as well, however since our partners reside in these states, they would be our primary source for investors.
● Business School Endowments: Certain Business schools give endowments to support their student’s ventures. For example, Stanford University gave its students a $400,000 endowment for their Bulldog Fund to provide their Finance students with hands on experience in investing. Upon entering college, general partners will approach their respective business schools to request for funding for our VC fund.
● Seed Money: Seed Money can be obtained from investors, and any individual, institution, or company that has confidence in our fund and its managers.
Looking for similar investment opportunities