- Country: Zambia
- Industry: Agriculture
- Stage: Start-up
- Investment size: $105,000 / min. $65,000
- Type of investment: Debt, Equity
We need minimum of 65,000 dollars to start up a poultry farm and cater for the local demand. We are offering 50% equity partnership.
Average per-capita consumption of poultry meat and eggs stands at 9 kg and 120 pieces. More than 60% of total Chicken meat consumption in the country is met by the export from other countries. National production fulfilling only the 40% of the demand. In this scenario, poultry farming has got a huge potential in Zambia.
Putting this scenario into consideration, the proprietor of the company decided to capitalize on this opportunity to serve the people and to make the country self-dependent in poultry products.
3000 chickens would be optimum for the initial operation of the business.
Production site will be in Kapiri, where there is plenty of open space, cheap labour, road connection, water availability and immediate access to Lusaka, Copperbelt and Livingstone.
Feasibility study by the experts shows positive results.
• An area of about 10,000 sq. feet for the farm
• House with 3 rooms already constructed for the storage of pellets, equipment as well as for the employees to guard the farm.
• The land is owned by the proprietor
• The management team and advisory board set up
• Buying chickens, building cage house, stocking the pellets, hiring the expert and other miscellaneous tasks.
Initial investment required Euro 64,990
50% gross margin expected within 6 months of its operations withholding the chances of any accidental or unexpected incidence.
We will reach the break even point within 18 months.
Rationale for the deal
The owner is seeking for funding for the company for sufficient start-up capital.
With successful management aimed at establishing and growing a loyal customer base, the company will see its net worth doubling in two years.
The poultry farm will maintain a healthy 50% gross margin, which combined with reasonable operating expenses, will provide enough cash to finance further growth.
Use of financing
Start-up expenses: Euro11,190
Start-up assets: EURO 53 ,800
• Operating capital Euro 9,000;
• Start-up inventory Euro 14,800
• Equipment and machineries Euro 30,000
Please refer to the file for a detailed listing of the expense and asset items.
Looking for similar investment opportunities