Seeking US$25,000 to start a multi-vendor eCommerce business in Ghana. The investor will enjoy a 35% equity share or interest rate of 3.5%. Payback in 3 years.
The purpose of this business plan is to raise a US$25,000 investment to start an eCommerce business while showcasing the expected financials and operations over the next three years.
The Company is an e-commerce company designed to become the market leader in Web based sales of non-consumable products. The company is located in Ghana, Accra.
Products and Services
The company will market and sell non-consumable products from multi-vendor shops in the country to individual consumers via the Internet with an easy to use website and a mobile application. After year one additional products will be offered.
The Company is seeking to raise US$25,000 from an individual or institution who is prepared to partner the company in order to start and operate an eCommerce business.
The terms, interest rate and loan covenants are to be determined during negotiation. However, the business plan assumes that, the business will receive a 3 year loan with a 3.5% interest rate due on the outstanding principal balance.
The financing will be used for the following:
• Development of the Company’s office location
• Development of the company's website and mobile applications.
• Capital to purchase FF&E for the office during the first year. The company will start operating to generate income for the running of the office and website and start paying for the investment.
Our competitive advantage will be our easy-to-use website and superior customer service.
The website design will be a competitive advantage because research indicates that an easy-to-use website significantly increases sales. The design of the company’s site will encourage purchases because it is so easy and quick to make the purchase. Too often sales are lost because of complex websites that are far from intuitive.
Our other competitive edge is superior customer service. The mantra of the customer service department is to serve the customer in any way required. Customers that call in with problem/issues will be amazed at the amount of personal attention they receive and how quickly issues are not only resolved, but significantly improved. This will be a powerful asset.
We are focused on the merging/redefined Internet marketplace. The users will be the individual buyer, which represent approximately 70% of the discretionary income currently in Ghana. They are looking for proactive and non-invasive ways to stay active in this era. The company can bring these people cutting-edge products coupled with convenience and service.
The long range goal of the company is not only to dominate the non-consumable products market, but to create an icon brand. Initially the company will:
• Engage in Web-based marketing for the next year to generate awareness of the company and product information. Because Internet based advertising has declined in recent quarters, the prices for advertising have consequently significantly dropped making the expenditure more cost effective.
• Engage in outdoor advertising providing general awareness to the public at large and direct individuals to the company's website.
The funding needed is to finance the following;
• Legal fees for the business formation.
• Office supplies.
• Web development.
• Telephone line installation.
• Desk, chair, filing cabinets.
• Shelving units for inventory storage.
• Computer system with Microsoft Office, QuickBooks Pro, printer, and a broadband Internet connection for the company to start operation.
I am seeking self-financing because I want to build an icon brand eCommerce business, operate it successfully and if whoever will partner with me will agree, than we go public by selling part of our shares to the public.
The company is interested in just one round of financing to set up the business and any other financing will come from the income generated from the business.
Yes, I am looking for an equity investor to invest US$25,000 to start the company.
The investor will own a share of 35% in the company and the investment capital will be paid back in 3 years or an interest rate of 3.5%.
I will need a silent investor who is free at any time to request the company's financial report.
The investment payment schedule is yearly.