- Country: India
- Industry: Agriculture
- Stage: Start-up
- Investment size: $150,000 / min. $100,000
- ROI: 20% in 3 years
- Type of investment: Debt, Equity
We are starting up a company to manufacture coir pith blocks (also referred to as coco peat blocks), an agricultural product used as a growing media for plants.
Our intent is to manufacture the coir pith blocks to meet the ever growing demand for the same in countries such as Australia and New Zealand, as well as in countries of the European Union and USA. The raw material for coco peat blocks is readily available within a 20 km radius of the site we have earmarked for production.
• There is no other company manufacturing the same product or using the same raw material in the region
• Other companies from Tamilnadu are facing shortage of raw material in the state
• Our sources for raw material are already committed to supply only to us
• Future expansion plans include setting up unit for portable green houses and manufacture of organic manure
Rationale for the deal
• Product will mainly be used in hydroponics, farms and landscaping.
• There is a large demand for the product in arid regions like the middle eastern countries for landscaping purposes
• There is a large hydroponics market in Australia, New Zealand, UK, Netherlands and USA where the product will be extensively used
Use of financing
Financing will be used for:
• Unit setup
• Sales and marketing
Looking for similar investment opportunities