Integrated bio psycho social rehabilitaion centre where persons with addiction to various substances with or without minor mental health problems are treated with evidence based modern medicine integrated with other Indian systems of medicine.
Integration of modern evidence based medicine with other systems of medicine is the need of the hour for alcohol and drug de-addiction and rehabilitation.
• To plan and establish a viable, scalable integrated alcohol and drug de-addiction and rehabilitation centre which offers treatment to substance abuse and dependence problems with or without associated minor/major psychiatric problems.
• The proposed centre will have evidence based modern medicine integrated with all other Indian systems of medicine like Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Naturopathy, Yoga, Acupuncture and Unani medicine.
• The primary detoxification and management of withdrawals will be as per the modern medicine while post detoxification management of psycho-social therapies will be integrated with Indian systems of medicine.
• The de-addiction programme will follow set protocols while certain aspects are tailor-made to suit the person undergoing de-addiction programme.
• The centre will also manage minor mental health problems like depression, anxiety, neurosis etc., integrating all the systems of medicine.
Health care in India is largely in dynamic phase of growth much of it happening in sectors other than mental health care. With more than 80% of spending from the private pockets, gradual awareness about insurance developing & more corporate hospitals emerging are targeting the niche market of affordable and higher income group.
Hence, the mental health care is untouched with immense untapped potential and desperate need at the consumer end. A combination of meeting the both ends of society will make any health care venture successful but also reach out to more people. There has been never better time than now to venture into psychiatric rehabilitation.
The sought finance will be used only for the purpose of aquiring land and building. Unlike a hospital/nursing home a psycho social rehabilitaion centre has no need for expensive equipments and the major investment would be on land which will only appreciate its price as time passes by.