- Country: Zimbabwe
- Industry: Tourism, Recreation
- Stage: Start-up
- Investment size: $300,000 / min. $250,000
- ROI: 50% in 3 years
- Type of investment: Debt, Equity
I am looking for an investor or partner to invest in this pioneering Horseback Safari Trial project in the East African Highlands.
To provide niche targeted Horseback safari trials in the East African Highlands
The East African Highlands are one of the four distinct physiographic divisions on the African continent. For sheer scenic beauty, few regions in Africa can compare with a series of mountain groups that run for 300km along Zimbabwe's eastern border with Mozambique.
1) Nyanga (to the north) contains Zimbabwe's highest mountain, The Worlds View, Ziva ancient ruins, Honde Valley (blanketed in tea and coffee plantations), Africa's second longest waterfall (Mutarazi falls). The countryside is well wooded, green in all its seasons.
2) Bvumba (mountains of mist), which among much else of enchantment and interest contains the Bunga Forest Reserve, Bvumba Botanical Gardens and the Leopard Rock Championship golf course (acknowledged as one of the best and most scenic in Africa)
3) Further south are the Chimanimani Mountains, Zimbabwe biggest and most impressive mountain range. Its part of the larger conservation area that has Rusitu and Vhimba Wilderness Area, Chipinge Safari Area and the Chirinda Forest Reserve (the southern-most tropical forest in Africa)
The game plan is to offer group niche safari's that will range from botanical, water based, golfing, and wildlife and birding, cultural furthermore a challenging photographic competition will be launched where riders will compete to capture the best images of anything that walks, craws or flies along the route. We aim to offer3, 7, 14, and 21 day tours in this garden of Eden.
The project will be the first that will offer comprehensive horse riding tours since the other few offer local tours and operate on a small scale. Though marketing and organic growth we will be able to sustain our advantage in the future.
The greatest competitive advantage and asset is that the landscapes are a visual delight rich in vegetation, wildlife, hundreds of waterfalls, trout streams, and home to endemic species of birds and animals.
Rationale for the deal
Eco-tourism is a sector thats on the rise the world over.
Use of financing
Finance will be used to buy a initial 50 horses, build stables on my 55ha land in Chimanimani, purchase trucks, camping tents and other relevant support material and working capital
Opportunity for the investor
I am looking for a business loan/equity in-oder to implement the business plan. Interest rates or shareholding are to be discussed with interested investors.
Looking for similar investment opportunities