The business opportunity stems from the rapid economic growth taking place in the county which calls for larger fleet sizes.
The business will be centered at trucking (heavy goods haulage). To have multiple streams of income the company shall also offer loads to other companies and get commission since the company is ladened with a number of jobs to complete.
The target market for the business will primarily be composed of the individual and the corporate market segment. This is based on our understanding of the capacity of the entity as well as instrumental factors such as profitability, growth, growth potential and risk factors.
Forecasts reveal that the demand for trucking and haulage will double across Africa within the next decade. This will be a direct consequence of increased economic and commercial activities everywhere on the continent and thus the project has potential for accelerated and sustained growth.
BUSINESS GOALS AND EXPECTED OUTCOMES
Our mission is to provide excellence in trucking and haulage services, adding value to our clients by delivering innovative tailored solutions to haul products more efficiently and effectively with the best workforce, systems and processes.
Our vision is to be recognized within the small to medium enterprise as a premier provider of trucking and haulage services because of our commitments to clients, employees and commercial enterprise companions.
The identified strengths for the entity are as follows:
• The entity has been in operation for over a decade and it has established significant customer base.
• The knowledge, skills and competencies possessed by the managing directors and identified key personnel will drive the entity to the maturity stage of the business lifecycle.
• The business has done a study of the market and identified potential customers for their business
• The passion and commitment demonstrated by the business owner and managers
• The business currently has identified skilled, competent and experienced drivers further signifying its commitment towards providing safe and reliable transportation to its highly valued targeted clientele
• The creditworthiness of the business owner
• The charismatic and democratic style of leadership of the business owners
The location of the entity also presents a couple of advantages since there are few trucking firms in the area which implies the firm will suffer less competition.
• The proposed interest rates is encouraging for the business and it increases the possibility of the entity serving the immense Zimbabwean market.
• The use of online marketing will be another opportunity for the trucking company since very few companies do that in Zimbabwe.
• The entity will also utilize state of the art tracking equipment and this results in reduced downtime and increased truck utilization which increases the profits.
• Forecasts reveal that the demand for trucking and haulage services will double across Africa within the next decade. This will be a direct consequence of increased economic and commercial activities everywhere on the continent
The finance shall be used to refurbish the truck fleet to make it sustain long distance routes throughout SADC.
Overall loan amount = $45 000
Pay back period = 1 year
Interest rate = 20%
Installment schedule = half yearly
Round of financing = single